2018 Grasshopper 126V-61"
Call for Price
Delivering the same comfort, performance and durability of larger Grasshopper models, this small-frame mower offers a compact wheelbase that provides easy transport on trailers and fits easily into shops or garages with limited space.
Features & Benefits
- Commercial Use: 2-year or 500-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor. Residential Use: 4-year or 500-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor.
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge. Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality. Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection. Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength. Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Raise and lower the deck easily with foot pedal and drop pin for precision cutting heights between 1.0 and 5.0 inches.
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt. Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse. Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position.
- Powerful 810 cc Commercial Turf OHV V-Twin engine. Heavy-duty components enhance power and reliability. Five-step, Integrated Cyclonic Air Management System for cleaner performance. Extended maintenance intervals. Three-year limited commercial engine manufacturer warranty (see dealer for details).
- Design-matched, fully hydraulic Parker HT Series integrated pump-and-wheel-motor transmissions with in-line cooling fans and fine-particle filtration. No power-robbing gearbox or other wear parts for longer service life. Provides best-in-class transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
- Unrivaled comfort with iso-mounted Ultimate Suspension Ride™ scuff-resistant, Cordura®-covered, deep-cushioned, high-back seat with padded lumbar support and armrests. Roomy, iso-mounted, shock-absorbing footrest.
- Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability. Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts. Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance.
- Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95%. Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance.
- ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speeds. Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach. One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: B&S Commercial Turf, V-Twin
- Displacement: 49.4 cu. in. (810 cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Vertical
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 6.5 U.S. Gal. (24.6 l)
- Optional Fuel Capacity: NA
- Air Cleaner: Integrated, cyclonic air cleaner with 5-step debris management system
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Deck: NA
- Mulching Package #: 504569(61)
- Duramax® Deck Size: 61"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5 to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-welded steel): Double-layered 10-gauge plus 10-gauge formed-steel spindle plane 0.269 in (6.83 mm) thick with 7-gauge skirts. Anvil-edge design (48) with 0.5 in. (12.7 mm) reinforcement on front edge of deck.
- Blades (Tempered, alloy steel): (3) 21 in. (53.3 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Double bearings, non-greasable. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Trimability (Outside of std. tire to left trim side): NA
Starter & Electrical System
- Battery (maintenance-free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
Ultimate Operator System
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) deep-cushioned, high-back, foam-padded, scuff-resistant CoolTemp Cordura®-covered with padded lumbar support and armrests.
- Suspension: Roomy, iso-mounted footrest with Shock Impact Reduction System™ (SIRS™).
- Console-mounted Instruments: Digital hour meter, parking brake indicator light, ignition switch, choke and push/pull PTO switch.
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Standard
Transmission & Steering
- Type: Design-matched hydrostatic system with in-line cooling fans. Fully hydraulic, integrated Parker HT Series transmission with variable displacement piston-type pumps and high-torque wheel motors for each drive wheel.
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: Internal field-serviceable filter / No break-in oil change required; best-in-class service intervals with CoolTemp Hydro-Max™ fluid.
- Speed: 0 - 8.0 mph (0 - 12.9 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Parking Brake: Compression
- Attachment Drive: NA
- Drive Wheels - Standard (4-ply rated): 20x12.00x10
- Drive Wheels – Optional (4-ply rated): NA
- Front Wheels – All Models: 13x6.50x6; pneumatic with greasable, double-sealed bearings to protect from grass wrap.
- Height (Seat Back) 47.0 in. (119.4 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion)29.0 in. (73.7 cm)
- Height (ROPS)59.0 in. (149.9 cm)
- Length (MidMount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 78.0 in. (198.1 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 74.5 in. (189.2 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 62.5 in.* (158.8 cm)
- (Uncrated): 880 lbs.(399.2 kg)
- Mulching Package: 36 lbs. (16.3 kg)
Options & Accessories
- Extends foot pedals to allow easy height control for shorter operators.
- PowerVac™ Collection Systems deliver a clean sweep on every pass. Simply adjust your mowing speed to your conditions. Quik-D-Tatch® Vac drive can be removed in seconds without tools.
- The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ medium-lift blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the grass bed, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- Available for all MidMount models, optional QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers (except 124V-41) with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
- Yellow beacon attaches to OPS or ROPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
- Weather-resistant, black Cordura fabric cover with embroidered Grasshopper logo keeps seat and engine area protected during storage or between mowings. Slips over ROPS, with Velcro closure to secure the opening.
- LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
- Dedicated 48- or 52-inch rear discharge decks throw clippings out back for a smooth cut and no windrowing.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Type
- Commercial Series OHV V-Twin
- 49.4 cu. in. (810 cc)
- Fully hydraulic Parker HT Series integrated pump-and-wheel-motor transmissions
- Wheel Size
- Fuel Capacity
- 6.5 U.S. Gal. (24.6 L)
- Deck Size
- 61 in.
- Discharge Type